Only one word can describe my 2016 – productive!
Despite working relatively hard for my full-time job and travelling frequently (5 overseas trips – Taiwan, Spain, Vietnam, Australia, Bali and 8 times visiting hometown Ipoh); looking back the year I’m just glad to have accomplished a lot!!
There were things that I wanted to achieve but didn’t manage to, no regrets as I genuinely think that I had given my best. Some of those would be continued in 2017; some would be good to keep as memories.
Starting 2017 at a jobless state, the outlook is a little uncertain but I’d like to believe there are unlimited possibilities. I will keep the faith that as long as we keep learning, keep growing, keep doing our best; right thing would happen at the right time. Let’s make 2017 a wonderful one and the biggest year ever!
2016 Personal Review
- Obtained Open Water Diving License in May
- Obtained Personal Trainer certification in Dec
- Run 466.7km
- Though I didn’t track but I’m sure to have worked out 4-5 days a week
- I read 28 books, this is below target but I’m easy with it since I spent a lot of time reading Spanish and personal trainer materials
- Went classes for Spanish level 1 and did level 2 by myself, managed to have basic conversation with locals while in Spain (ordering food, asking direction)
- Posted 6 blog posts and revamped some parts of my website
- Tried something new every month
- January – Threw a party for my dad’s 70th birthday
- February – First time coordinating a very large scale IT event at work
- March – Surprised mum for her 60th birthday and retirement
- April – Diving
- May – Short trip to Taiwan Kenting
- June – Roped in for pole dance
- July – Travelled to Spain and checked my favourite Sagrada Familia!
- August – Travelled to Vietnam and first time chased by dogs in early hours
- September – EDM Ultra festival
- October – Road trip to Tasmania and had the best star gazing experience ever
- November – Sack race; first time to have almost full family visiting in SG
- December – Quit my full-time job
- Hit my saving target, almost to my investment target
- Did not manage to get a property; that will be brought forward in 2017
- Definitely learned and achieved a lot at work, just really proud to be someone coordinating regional IT events that involved thousands of servers and hundreds of applications