I remember when I was a kid I often asked myself why am I here in this world? Who am I? I wondered is there after life? Who was I in my previous life? Too young for big questions like these. Unsurprisingly, I still don’t have the answers and I actually stop asking them too. But I can share with you what other things I have learned:
- People first
- “What’s the point if I have achieved a lot but no one to celebrate with?” Read this somewhere, just one thought on it I already knew I don’t want to be another lonely person that nobody cares.
- The 3 most important things in relationships: communication, trust and respect
- Because I have seen enough real life dramas if one of these is missing.
- Sincere apology is the best remedy
- Apology is not enough, a sincere one is.
- Honesty goes a long way. It builds trust.
- The truth always unveils itself, sooner or later. Hiding the truth, cheating, lying.. it hurts.
- Always trust people
- I’m the opposite of those people who are always skeptical about everything, by default I always trust people first. I would trust a new friend would be kind to me, I would trust the universe wants us to succeed than to fail. It is very tiring to be skeptical all the time, it just makes us feel insecure always.
- Have empathy and be considerate
- Understand we all grew up in different cultures and backgrounds, the way we were brought up affects our behaviors.
The Money Matters
- Money is not the most important thing, but it is important enough
- I rather to have some money and feel sad, than no money and feel sad.
- Network is gold, proximity is key
- If you ask me what’s the tip of networking or to build relationships.
- Money would come if we are doing something adding values bigger than the money
- If we make decision purely based on money, we would make very poor decision
Personal Development / Life
- It is okay to be vulnerable and show it
- I grew up being perceived as a strong girl always, I never knew how to show my vulnerabilities. Only in recent years I learned that I’m also a human, it’s okay to make mistakes and be vulnerable. Highly recommend the book ”Daring Greatly“ by Brene Brown (watch her TED talk here).
- Be grateful
- Count your blessings, you would feel nothing else but happy. I practise one thing I learned from the book, The Secret, before sleep think of the best thing that happens on the day and give thanks. I go to bed every night feeling blessed. 😃
- Take care of ourselves first
- Because if we cannot even take care of ourselves, how are we going to do anything for anyone at all?
- Secret is often depressing
- I know, because I hoard a lot of secrets haha. If it’s a happy thing, not many people would keep it as secret. But there is another reason that I keep certain things to myself, to protect other people.
- Enjoy the ride!
- Imagine life as a one-way journey with no turning back, take every moment as “I’m only here once!” and enjoy fully. No rushing or dwelling, just move forward as it is.
- Blissfulness is a blessing 😇